Christian views on Homosexuality
Jude 1:7 - "Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire."
**I don't know about you, but I care more about what God says than the opinions of anyone else. Be not of this world.**
Are all sins the same??
Are Christians told not to Judge??
What does the bible say about homosexuality?
Is it really wrong??
How bad is it??
Is it ok to associate or socialize with homosexuals??
Did Jesus socialize with or hang out with sinners?
What does the New Testament say about homosexuality?
What if my son turned out to be a homosexual?
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
So lets begin....First of all, it's my opinion that no one should ever refer to a homosexual as 'gay'. Homosexuals have tried to separate themselves from the word homosexual because of the negativity surrounding it. They instead have successfully adopted the term gay which essentially means having or showing a merry, lively mood: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe. The reason they have done this is to smooth over their sin and make it appear to be a positive, acceptable lifestyle choice. It's not!! Don't be fooled. Call them what they are, 'Homosexuals'.
[[Are all sins the same??]]
:Here are a few Examples:
1)There are only Ten Commandments but surely more than 10 sins.
2) Not all, but only Certain sins are viewed by GOD as detestable shameless abominations. (God says Homosexuality is a shameless perversion which is a detestable abomination.)
3) Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed for specific sins and not others.
4) Sexual immorality is an example of being different than other sins because its a sin against your own flesh. (1 Corinthians 6:18) - "Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin[a] a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body."
5) Some sinners we are commanded to not eat or associate with, while other types of sinners are not mentioned.
[[Are Christians supposed to Judge??]]
A person should not individually evaluate the level of another persons sin, rather they should look to see how GOD evaluates it. Judging 'unrighteously' or 'hypocritically' is where we need to watch ourselfs and be careful...It is however very important as Christians to never be tolerant or accepting of sin. Period!! Evil thrives when Good sits on the couch!! Jesus was not tolerant and accepting of sin nor did he command us to be...Jesus judged the actions and errors in peoples ways and tried to show them the right path. Christians should not turn a blind eye when people are doing wrong, rather we should care about the salvation of our brothers and sisters. We must be the light and not conform to the wickedness of this world.
Passages that tell us its ok to Judge:
John 7:24, John 4:1, 2 Chron. 19:6, Zechariah 3:7, Ezekiel 3:18, Lev. 19:15, Deut. 1:16, Duet. 16:18, Judges 2:16-19, Ezra 7:25, Isaiah 1:17, Ezekiel 23:45, 1 Kings 3:9-13, Jeremiah 5:1, ETC, ETC.
After examining the Bible, we clearly see that God treats homosexuality as a terrible disgusting sin!! Nowhere in the Bible does God accept homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle. The question is whether or not you are going to agree with the Almighty God or try to create your own rules. Lets take a look at what God says...
[[What does the New Testament say about homosexuals?]]
Mat 5:27 - "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery"
1 Corinthians 6:9-11,
Mat 5:28 - "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."
I pointed out before that God is no respecter of sexes. This text applies just as much to women as it does to men. And you can plug in the particulars of homosexual lust as well. This precept of Jesus is based on the 10th commandment: “Thou shalt not covet . . . .” Coveting is a synonym for lusting.
Is there any hope for someone who lives this type lifestyle?
1 Cor 6:9 (NIV) Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
1 Cor 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Cor 6:11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
In these passages homosexuals are listed among the wicked who will not inherit the kingdom of God—they will be lost. But you’ll also notice that these people can be washed, sanctified, justified in the name of Jesus. Homosexuals can be saved, but they will need to surrender their lustful thoughts and gay/lesbian lifestyle.
There is another aspect to your question that needs to be considered. How does this affect your own relationship with God? The Bible says:
2 Cor 6:14 (KJV) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
We usually interpret this text as it relates to marriage. And it does point out the dangers of marriage between a Christian and one who doesn’t believe. But it also applies with our associations with unbelievers. This type of association will not draw the unbeliever towards Christ; it will instead, draw the Christian to become an unbeliever. You’ll find that this was the case throughout Bible times. Israelites who married idolatrous people always sank into the idolatry of the ones they married.
I fear for your daughters. In close friendship with those who are living in open sin, they will come to think of it as less and less offensive to God, until they will come to think that God accepts their sin. When this happens they will be on the broad road that leads to destruction.
I appeal to you to separate yourselves from these people. Warn your daughters to stay away from them. They may say that they believe, and attend church—even be baptized. But as long as they consider themselves gay, they do not have their names written in the Lamb’s (Jesus’) book of life, and will be lost.
[[God is no respecter of sexes: Lesbian lust and behavior is ranked just as sinful as gay lust and behavior. And behavior is not the total extent of the sin. Jesus told us that the sin begins in the mind before it is ever acted out in the life.]]
2 Thessalonians 3:6 - "In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every (so called) believer who does not live according to the teaching you received from us."
Psalm 1:1 - "Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers."
Proverbs 6:27 - "Can a man carry fire next to his chest and his clothes not be burned?" This verse is a direct question for the Christian, which asks, how can you be around someone who commits detestable abominations in the eyes of the lord and they not rub off on you in some fashion? This verse shows God does not think this is possible.
Proverbs 25:26 - "Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked."
2 Cor 6:14 - "What fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"
[[Non-believing (Atheist) homosexuals]] -
Some people say that it is ok to be friends with, associate with, or hang out with non-believing homosexuals for general purpose, so long as the sin itself is not in their face. This is not true. God says separate from these people who are unbelievers, do not be yoked with them, do not be friend them (Christ has no concord with Belial), come out from them.
This verse proves that we should not socialize with non believing homosexuals. Clearly God does NOT want us hanging out with them or being part of their circle. That is why he says he will walk with them, but we should be away from them and be separate!! That is, unless of course we were preaching or trying to bring them to Christ. This means do not eat with them. Socialize with them. Go out with them. Allow them to watch our children. Teach us. etc...The bible is very clear on this. Homosexuality is wrong, and it is also wrong for Christians associate with non-believing homosexuals.
If someone is not a Christian, and is already involved in homosexual activity, there is a slim chance that any amount of preaching is going to change their mind. Their position is fostered by the sinful nature which dwells within, and from which, without Christ, they have no escape. To them, homosexuality is just a lifestyle, whether they believe it is the way they were born, or it is a choice. Society has made it easy for them, and accepted their stance while nurturing their belief that there is nothing wrong with what they are doing. For this reason, the primary goal should be to reach these people with the gospel of Christ. Do not be friend them or socialize with them for general purposes or surround yourself with them unless your are trying to teach them. Unless they receive the Lord, they will have no reason to seek to change. So proclaiming the gospel to these people is the most loving thing we can do for them.
1 Corinthians 15:33 - “Evil companionships corrupt good morals.”
Proverbs 13:20 - "Walk with the wise and become wise,
for a companion of fools suffers harm."
Proverbs 1:10 - "My son, if sinful men entice you, do not give in to them.
You cannot be sharpened by sinners. Rather, if you surround yourself with them as friends to socialize and learn from you will be made dull and slip into the cracks of Satans deception. the meeting of two together in the Lord’s name will always guarantee blessing. It is a means of grace that the Lord Himself promised—where two or more are gathered in His name, there He is among them (Matthew 18:20). Also, we see a similar meaning in Malachi for those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard (Malachi 3:16). When we sharpen one another in real Christian fellowship, the Lord bends an ear from heaven and is pleased. Not one word about Him which brings Him glory escapes His notice.
Ephesians 2:1-3 "As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath."
1 Peter 4:3-5 "For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do--living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. 4 They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you. 5 But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead."
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/iron-sharpens-iron.html#ixzz2ObWCqka0
**If these fake pastors preaching such ridiculous notions assumed they were correct, surely they have not had a look at what the rest of the bible says about out dealings with unbelievers.
- Matt. 11:19, "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax-gatherers and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds.” As you can see here, Jesus was accused of being a "gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax gatherers and sinners." The simple fact is that Jesus was apparently keeping the company of unbelievers. This doesn't mean that Jesus was sinning or that he was being gluttonous or getting drunk. It was that Jesus was in their company enough that he was accused of being like them. Two points here. First of all, we wouldn't simply 'hang around with' or befriend sinners. For example as Christian you wouldn't befriend a child molester or go hang out with a rapist. Neither did Jesus. Jesus spent time around the sinners (Prostitures, gluttonous, drunkards, etc.) but he was preaching the gospel to them. If you are preaching the gospel and trying to save them that is completely different than hanging out with them or befriending them for general purposes. Second of all, we are not Jesus. If we befriend and socialize with homosexuals, sinners or evil doers for general purposes, surely their sins will rub off on us without us even knowing because we will be in the presence of sin, evil, and destruction...Jesus didn't have this problem. Even Satan himself could not tempt or change Jesus (Matthew 4:1-11). Jesus was without sin and therefore could not influenced consciously or subconsciously by the people following him around. Hebrews 4, "We have a high priest who was tempted in every point like we are, yet without sin." 1 Peter 2:22: "In him there was no deceit." "When he was reviled he did not revile in return," and "there was no deceit in his mouth."
- Luke 5:29-32, "And Levi gave a big reception for Him in his house; and there was a great crowd of tax-gatherers and other people who were reclining at the table with them. 30 And the Pharisees and their scribes began grumbling at His disciples, saying, 'Why do you eat and drink with the tax-gatherers and sinners?' 31 And Jesus answered and said to them, 'It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.'” Jesus went to Levi's house where there were tax gatherers and sinners. A tax gatherer was a Jew who worked for the Roman government collecting taxes in Israel. They were so hated by the Jews that they had their own category. Think about it, there were "sinners" and there were "tax gatherers." These reviled and often hated people were, apparently, found in the acquaintance of Christ himself. He didn't mind being around them, but again we must remember Jesus was around them for a purpose. The purpose of preaching the gospel, getting them to change their ways, and bring them to God. He was not partying with sinners and going to hang out for fun.
- In Luke 5:32, "I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance." The righteous were the self-righteous, who were too blind to recognize their own sinfulness. Jesus wanted to preach to those who were in need of him, those who recognized their need to be delivered from sin. Jesus again wanted people to know that he was not here simply to help the righteous but to save the sinners. You have to ask yourself, are you trying to save your sinning acquaintance or are you just seeking their friendship, wanting to hang out with them, and be their pal?
- John 2:1-2, "And on the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there; 2 and Jesus also was invited, and His disciples, to the wedding." In this verse we see that Jesus went to a wedding. So what... There were a lot of people there, and we can be sure there were those present who were "less than sanctified." In fact, in the wedding of Cana Jesus performed his first miracle where he changed water into wine. Jesus saw that it was ok to be in a situation where their were certain types of sinners present. Paul teaches us in his writings, we cannot be away from all sinners or we would have to leave this world completely. 11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him. Clearly Jesus saw this as an opportunity to bring people of all walks of life into his glory. The wedding was not a party full of sinners where Jesus went to hang out and be-friend such individuals for general purposes.
[[WE ARE NOT JESUS]]
We must be careful not to compromise. Jesus was, after all, God in flesh (John 1:1; Colossians 2:9). We are not!! We are fallen and sinful, and we need to be careful that we don't use our freedom to have unbelieving friends or socialize with people consciously doing the devils work. We are not Jesus. If we befriend and socialize with homosexuals, sinners or evil doers for general purposes, surely their sins will rub off on us without us even knowing because we will be in the presence of sin, evil, and destruction...Jesus didn't have this problem. Even Satan himself could not tempt or change Jesus (Matthew 4:1-11). Jesus was without sin and therefore could not influenced consciously or subconsciously by the people following him around. Hebrews 4, "We have a high priest who was tempted in every point like we are, yet without sin." 1 Peter 2:22: "In him there was no deceit." "When he was reviled he did not revile in return," and "there was no deceit in his mouth."
[[WHAT IF MY SON WAS A HOMOSEXUAL?]]
I would do exactly what God commands me to do. I would love him, and explain to him what is right and wrong. I would preach the word to him and pray that God would deliver him from sin just as any other sin. It's important to remember, a fathers obligation is different than some random acquaintance.
[[THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOMOSEXUALITY AND OTHER SINS]]
There are really two types of homosexuals, believing homosexuals and non-believing homosexuals. If you are a believing homosexual that simply means that you believe in God but are going to do it your way regardless. We call this conscious sin. In other words you know that God believes its a disgusting abomination and horrible sin worthy of death, yet you try to justify it and continue to do it. Some believing homosexuals may be seeking repentance, asking for forgiveness, and seriously trying to change their lifestyle. Its important to know if they are trying to change or if they are justifying and living in their unrepentant sin. The next kind of homosexual is the non-believing homosexual. This is a person who knows God exists in their heart, but denies him. (The bible tells us that all atheists know God exists but they deny him). These people have a moral compass and know what is objectively right and wrong, yet they still chooses to do it their own way.
The church is not a country club for certain sinners and not for others?? Hmmm, that seems to be an anti-biblical statement. Scripture is clear that corrective discipline is part of Christianity!!!! Click this link and read some of the content.
Corrective Discipline is for:
Troublemakers and those who sow discord. (Romans 16:17)The unruly and disorderly. (1st Thessalonians 5:14)Those who are unrepentant and disobey the great doctrines of the faith. (2nd Thessalonians 3:13-14)Those who deny the great doctrines of the faith. (1st Timothy 6:3-4)
Procedures in Discipline:
Arrange a private meeting with the offender. (Matthew 18:15) If a private meeting fails, meet with them and several witnesses. (Matthew 18:16)Admonish and warn them. (Titus 3:10)As a final resort, bring the matter up to the whole church. (Matthew 18:17) Remove their membership, and avoid them. (Romans 16:17) Be ready to forgive them when repentance occurs. (2nd Corinthians 2:7)
Purpose of Discipline:
To maintain the standards of the church to a watching world. (Matthew 5:13-16)
To keep sin from spreading throughout the church. (Joshua 7:3); (1st Corinthians 5:6-7) Help the guilty person find their way to God. (2nd Corinthians 2:6-8)To escape God's judgment upon habitually sinning saints. (1st Corinthians 11:30)
Does GOD HATE? Society will lie to you and tell you NO, but the truth is YES!!
"There are six things which the Lord HATES, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."
Am I called to be like Christ? Yes!!
I don't see the issue here, other than society has lied to you and told you that it's wrong to passionately dislike (HATE).
"a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs"
1.) Christians are commanded by God (in scripture) to judge. If I don't judge you then God says I am the one in error.
2.) To be a hypocrite would be to pass judgment over someone for the "same" sin you commit. For example, if i'm a thief and I keep telling you to stop stealing, then my judgment of you would be hypocritical and unrighteous. Despite the lies society will tell you however, it is NOT hypocritical to be a sinner and show other sinners their error. Furthermore, pointing out the error of a fellow sinner is not only Christ-like and commanded in scripture, but it's how you save souls. Would you not tell your friend if they are doing something you know causes cancer? Would you not tell your child to stop playing with knives while they jump on their bed? We are in the business of winning souls, not letting people remain hand in hand with the devil in a weak attempt to not offend them. If you are offended by my judgement, don't call me a hypocrite, call me a Christian.
3.) If it's hypocritical to be a sinner and judge the errors of other sinners, then every pastor in this country is a hypocrite. Why? Because there is no pastor who has ever walked planet Earth that has not sinned. Yet we see them constantly saving people and bringing them to salvation by getting them out of their sin and onto the right path. You cannot win souls unless you get people to follow Gods word. And you cannot get people to live by Gods word unless you share with them what that word is!!
4.) We are all sinners!! No one is God!! No one is Jesus!! We all need help. No one is perfect. A Christian who judges another Christian (you) is not saying he is better than you, he is showing he loves you, cares about you, and is trying to help you. If he didn't care he wouldn't mind you going to hell for eternity and continuing right along down your path of destruction. Immaturity comes in many forms, but feeling attacked (because of your emotional instability), when someone is trying to save your soul, could be one of the most childish acts that exists.
****I welcome judgment (and so should you). Matter of fact I yern for it. I want to be better. To do better. To know better. So please, don't feel afraid to judge me. I know you are commanded by GOD to do it, and even more than that, I am thankful you care enough about me to help show me Gods plan.
According to a University of Chicago study is that about 1% of the U.S. population is homosexual. And the National Center for Health Statistics shows that less than 3% of the U.S. population is both homosexual and bisexual.
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead [they’ve been raised to life, vs. 5], small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And WHOSOEVER WAS NOT FOUND WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE WAS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.
So you see, it’s quite serious. The only safe course is to avoid associating with those who are living in known sin.
I recommend that you spend much time with the Bible. Reading the Bible is so important to the Christian. It would be very difficult to maintain a saving relationship with God without it. And learning about God and His requirements for us would be nearly impossible without some connection with God’s Holy Word.
Thank you for reading...We as Christians need to be the light...We need to follow Gods word and make his authority the only opinion that matters. Do not conform to this world or do what everyone else thinks is OK... We are not to 'hang out' with, associate with, or befriend non-believing OR believing homosexuals for general purposes.... unless we are preaching the gospel to them or trying to bring them to Christ.
CHECK OUT THIS GREAT SONG!!!!