APEX (Official)



"If you have to accept the 'possibility' that your thoughts may not be real (your own), and that you may not exist in a true objective reality, then you cannot know anything. It's logically absurd to believe any knowledge can be obtained if the before mentioned have to be accepted as possibilities." - AK




The Formal Argument

P1: Choosing to be an atheist prevents you from knowing anything.
P2: Choosing a position which prevents you from  knowing anything, is the pinnacle of ignorance.

C:   Choosing to be an atheist is the pinnacle of ignorance.

HISTORY-  This formal argument was created in February 2014 by Christian Apologist Chad Elliott. It is a continuation from his previous argument known as CIRCUS which can be seen here:  http://theatheistkilla.blogspot.com/2013/01/circus-official.html
T
his is a secondary argument and should not be used, until CIRCUS is proven!! With that being said, Apex got its name by leading one to the conclusion that there is nothing more ignorant that atheism. Atheism is the pinnacle or summit of all ignorance. The APEX!! The fact that a person freely makes the CHOICE to prevent himself from obtaining any knowledge, is surely far worse than a person who simply never had the ability.

DEFENDING THE PREMISES-

P1-   Atheists cannot know anything. Why? There are a few reasons, but lets just stick to one for now.  Atheists cannot be sure that their own thoughts are real (their own). Likewise, they cannot be sure if they exist as part of a true objective reality. If your thoughts aren't real you can't know anything. Knowledge is a construct of thoughts. No thoughts, no knowledge, no knowing.  To defeat this simple premise you would have to show something that atheists can know to be true.

[[I think, therefore I am]]  -This rebuttal is a complete failure. "I think therefore I am," was created to prove human existence.

All modern philosophers view this argument as inherently flawed because it assumes "I" exist in order to prove that "I" exist. In other words, it presupposes the existence of itself to prove itself exists

Atheists cannot be certain that their thoughts are real (their own).


P2- I cannot for the life of me think of anything MORE ignorant that choosing a position which prevents you from knowing anything? The fact that a person freely makes the CHOICE to prevent himself from obtaining any knowledge, is surely far worse than a person who simply never had the ability.

CONTENT DEFINITIONS-

Knowing - That knows; having knowledge or information; Indicating possession of exclusive inside knowledge or information.

Atheist - Someone who denies or disbelieves a God exists.

Pinnacle/APEX - The highest point; the culmination; the top or highest part of something.





*******************
The Difference

Atheist - "I believe my thoughts are real(are my own), but because they may not be my own, or may be a product of a pre-programmed computer, simulation, etc. I really can't know.

"Christian- " Unlike atheism, My worldview does NOT force me to admit that I could be wrong about everything I think you know...Including my thoughts, or the reality I exist in."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Elliott Argument (Official)

REPENTANCE: The key to salvation

Chad Elliott The Atheist Killa